Values & Beliefs
What We Believe
- Our God is one, but manifested in three persons – The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The Old and New Testaments of the Bible are the inspired Word of God, revealing His Triune nature. These scriptures clearly point to two distinct covenants that God has made: a covenant of law (based on our works and performance in holiness) and a covenant of grace (based on faith in the finished work of Jesus) (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
- These covenants cannot be mixed into a blended approach to God.
- Jesus, by His suffering and death, fulfilled the law covenant, paying the penalty for our sin in order to bring humanity into right standing with God (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- Jesus gives His righteousness to all of humanity. This righteousness cannot be earned or merited, but is received through faith in Him (Ephesians 2:8).
- Jesus is our new High Priest, providing perpetual right standing with God. He warned us not to allow the leaven of our works to affect how we relate to Father God; good works and bad works are all “dead” in regard to affecting our standing before God. We can come boldly to God only through the new and living way of Jesus’ own sacrifice and gift of righteousness (Hebrews 9:14). Jesus’ sacrifice was so powerful that it paid for the sins of the entire world. God is not holding anyone’s sins against them (2 Corinthians 5:19) and is not angry with anyone. The sin problem between God and humanity has been taken care of. All of our sins (past, present, and future) have been paid for with one sacrifice by our Lord (Hebrews 10:12). The only question remaining is, “do you believe this (John 3:16)?” Those who believe have eternal life. Those who reject this gift continue to be loved and forgiven by their Lord and Savior even as they refuse His love and consign themselves to hell (John 3:18).
- Jesus’ grace alone provides everything we need to reign in life ( Romans 5:17). His grace provides:
- Perfect righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Eternal redemption (Hebrews 9:12)
- Peace and joy
- Health and healing
- Provision for abundant living
- One day Jesus will return to earth again at His second coming, reigning as our King of Kings, and Lord of Lords!
We Value Jesus (Heb 12:2)
“He is our Standard and Example”
We Value Application of God’s Word (2Timothy 3:16; James 1:22)
“We Love the Word of God”
We Value Love (John 13:34-35)
“We Love God and People”
We Value Service (Matt. 20:25 -26)
“Every Member is a Minister”
We Value Faith (2Cor. 5:7)
“We Walk by Faith, not by the Circumstances”
We Value Prayer (Eph. 6:18)
“We Were Made to Fellowship with God through Prayer”
We Value Dominion & Authority (Genesis 1:26-28; Luke 10:19; Matthew 16:19)
“We Were Created to Have Dominion on the Earth”
We Value Small Groups (Acts 20:20)
“Growing Larger and Smaller at the Same Time”
We Value Leadership (Matt. 28:19-20; Eph 4:11,12)
“We Lead People to be Followers of Jesus”
We Value Purpose (Psa. 139:14,16; Jeremiah 1:12)
“We Were Created with a Purpose in Mind”
We Value Relevance (1Cor. 9:22)
“Changing Methods… Unchanging Message”